Google Reviews Complete Guide to Success
What do you usually do when planning to visit a place or looking for something to do? You probably use an internet browser to look up the place’s name or type in a keyword into a web browser.
When you enter specific keywords into Google, Google displays reviews and website results matching those keywords. These results aren’t displayed at random; they’re ordered by relevance.
You may need help to control where your business is located, but you can certainly influence the number of positive Google reviews you receive.
Rankings don’t just matter because they provide potential clients with critical insight into your company’s operations; they also indicate whether people enjoy using your product or service. If your products and services aren’t good enough for people to want to use, they won’t be good enough to recommend to their friends.
Reviews from real people are critical because they provide insight into how
Reviews from Google help increase your local search rankings or Local SEO.
Reviews contributed 15.44% toward how Google ranked local businesses.
Nowadays, local page quality factors account for 15.4 percent of Google’s algorithm, which is ranked 13th among the most important local ranking factors. Both positive and negative feedback from people who visit your business can influence your ranking.
Google review ratings affect your local search results and serve as social evidence that your customers love your business.
When someone performs a local search, Google knows they’re looking for a particular kind of business (e.g., pizza) at a specific place (e.g., San Francisco). Google then uses its knowledge of where the searcher lives to determine which nearby businesses might be relevant.
Local search engines prioritize the results they return for searches made by nearby people. They understand from the reviews that this particular business is local and relevant because of these reasons:
- Quantity of reviews
- The velocity at which you receive reviews
- Diversity of reviews
Who cares if you have ten good old-fashioned, traditional review sites? Getting a new, positive rating is a continuous effort, and you shouldn’t ever let up. Recency is essential, so be consistent and persistent with your efforts.
Reviews from people who’ve used the product increase trust and confidence in the company
Online customer feedback is equally important as a peer review or recommendation from family and close friends. According to research, nearly 92 percent of consumers believe that online customer feedback is trustworthy if it’s genuine.
Google is the largest online marketing source, so we will discuss its impact on our business. We’ll start by discussing how google review scores affect trust and credibility.
- Reviews show people that you care about them.
- Are you responsive to their questions and needs?
- What do you do for your clients/customers?
- They help you understand your business better and improve your service quality.
Reviews from Google play an essential role in influencing purchase decisions.
A typical consumer buying behavior would be that when they are aware of a need, they will research businesses online once they enter the decision-making stage. If your company appears in their list of choices but has no ratings or negative feedback, they might choose to avoid buying from you. However, if your company has good ratings and negative feedback, the consumer might pick you instead.
Positive Google reviews can help your company gain traction and boost its reputation. However, be aware that negative reviews can hurt your online presence just as quickly.
Customer feedback from Google reviews helps companies improve their products.
It is easier to get feedback from customers in large enterprises than in small ones.
You should acknowledge the positive feedback you receive from customers. However, if you do not act upon it, they may feel you do not care about them. So, make sure that you take action on what they say. You could offer discounts, reward points, or coupons to those who leave good comments.
We know that Google reviews are essential to any online marketing campaign, but here are some additional reasons why they’re so valuable.
- Increase conversion rates — Consumers are more likely to buy from you if they already trust your brand.
- Increase your Google Rating — Your Google Rating is a significant driver for increasing walk-in traffic.
- Consumers prefer transparent brands and are willing to pay for an authentic customer experience.
- Increase sales — Good Google ratings drive more traffic to your site and online store. A good Google review increases incoming phone calls.
- A high Google ranking and regular reviews are essential for any business.
How to get more Google Reviews for your company?
We now know what Google Reviews can do for a company; let’s look at how you can continually get more Google reviews.
Step 1 - Google My Business and Google Reviews
You would have understood by now, and the next logical thing in your mind is how I can start getting these reviews. Once again, the simple solution is — To google my businesses. What exactly is Google my business? The short explanation is — Google My Business allows you to build a listing for your company online. It helps clients discover you through google search. Here’s an example of a typical GMB profile –
Here we’ve put together a detailed guide on setting up your Google My Business account and gathering Google Reviews.
Setup Your Google My Business Profile
To start collecting Google My Business (GMB) customer ratings, you must create an official Google My Business page for your business. You can learn how to set up a Google My Business profile here.
- You need to sign in to Google Business Manager.
- Add your business
- Enter your location
- Enter your contact details
- Verify your business
You’ll be able to do the things listed below once your business listings are set up on Google My Business.
- You’ll be able to show up on Google Maps and also appear for local searches.
- I am displaying important info like company name, business hours, etc.
- Display photos of your business.
- It allows you to monitor how and where your listings appear online and how many views they gained.
Step 2: Optimize your Google My Listing.
- Make sure to include everything you possibly can about your business.
- Adding photos gives your listing an added visual appeal. It lets people see what to look forward to when visiting your business.
- To get more people to visit your Google My Local page, update it regularly. Just like regular updates on your social media posts would help you gain more followers, updating your Google My Local page regularly would help you attract more visitors. However, unlike your social media posts, the type of content posted on your Google My Local page would also differ.
- You should regularly update the question and answers section of your website. By doing this, you will share only accurate and helpful content with visitors. Including relevant keywords for your company in this section will help improve its visibility online.
- If you’re using Google My Maps, you should use the right words in your location name, address, phone number, hours of operation, and so on. And if you’re not already doing so, you should start adding some relevant key phrases to your content.
- When it comes to reviews, be proactive. There are two things to keep an eye out for:
- Ask for as many customer reviews as you can! One of the best ways to gain trust from your customers is to ask them to review your product or service online. Make a list of your loyal customers and send them an email asking if they would be willing to write a review for your company.
- When you get feedback from customers, whether they’re positive or negative, always respond to them. It shows that you care about their opinions.
Many potential customers notice whether a business replies to negative reviews, so be sure your reply is respectful, appropriate, and professional.
A helpful hack is creating a Google Review Link for your company.
If you want to make it easier for your clients to leave you reviews, you can set up a dedicated “review” page where they can submit their feedback. Here’s how…
- Log into Business Profile Manager.
- Click on the “Manage” tab for the account you want to manage.
- Clicking the Home button opens up the Home screen.
- You can copy your short URL into the “Get more Reviews” section of your review cards so that customers can easily share your page with friends.
Step 3: Use a solid online review management platform.
Once you’ve optimized your website for SEO, it’s essential to get feedback from your visitors — and one of the best ways to do this is through Google My Maps. By creating a map of your location, you can easily show where your clients are and what they say about your services. You’ll also be able to see how far away potential new customers are coming from, so you can make adjustments accordingly.
It would help if you had an easy way for people to leave positive feedback for your business. One way to do that is by integrating your app with an online review management platform like. It allows you to manage all the customer feedback from one place and send automated text messages when someone leaves a review.
Tips for Generating More Google Reviews
It would help if you were careful with the timing.
Make sure to request a positive rating from your customers when they buy your products or use your services. If you can get them to leave a positive comment immediately, then there’s a good chance they’ll continue giving you positive feedback.
Your message could be something like, “Hi, Julia! I’m so glad you decided to buy my product. To improve our service, please let me know what you think about it.”
Besides that, you can ask for users’/customers’ opinions when they visit your facility. By doing so, you can encourage them to leave their review online. It will help boost your website traffic.
Simplicity is the key.
Your customers should be able to access the reviews they left quickly. That means you should provide them with a direct link to the page where they can write a short comment about their experience. Ensure the procedure is quick and easy so your customers will be satisfied and keep going. Original: I’m not sure why you’d ever want to do that. Why would you want to restrict the user’s ability to delete posts? Rewrite: Deleting posts shouldn’t be restricted. Users should be allowed to remove any post that they feel was inappropriate.#Original: I am sorry, but I cannot find any information regarding this question. Please try again later. Rewrite: Sorry we’re unable to help you today. We’ll return to helping you soon.
Encourage your employees
People who interact with your business directly are more likely to write a review than if they just read it online. It would help if you asked for feedback from your customers by email, asking them to write a review.
Avoid these three things when trying to get more Google review ratings.
As you collect more Google ratings for your business, you may encounter specific tactics that are not recommended and considered against Google’s policies. Be aware of these tactics, and don’t use them when generating your ratings.
- When providing incentives for customers to write good reviews, Google takes note of it and may penalize your company if they see too many negative reviews from these incentivized customers.
- Gate reviews — Review gate is another way businesses can show off their best side by hiding the bad reviews. However, Google and the FTC keep an eye on businesses that exhibit reviews that are too good not to be true. Don’t get involved in such practices because you will suffer heavy penalties, and your reputation will take a hit.
- It would help if you never asked your employees to post fake Google review comments for your business. These fake review comments are misleading and dishonest, so they don’t represent real customer experiences. They’re just tricks to trick people into thinking your business is better than it is.
It would help if you paid attention to them.
If a potential customer searches for a service and comes upon a brand new business, they will look at online review sites. They may also see if there are any responses to the Google review site. Always reply to negative comments, even if they’re from people who don’t know you.
November 28, 2022